Ishmael Community Privacy & Copyright Information
Ishmael Copyright InformationThe Ishmael Community and related websites were designed and built by Alan D. Thornhill and DataDrive under the supervision of Daniel Quinn and are to be considered copyrighted in their entirety by Daniel Quinn. All written materials within these sites are also to be considered copyrighted in their entirety by Daniel Quinn unless otherwise noted. Free personal and educational use and reproduction is permitted with permission; all commercial rights are reserved. Contact the Webmaster for permission to use written materials.
ishmael.org and related websites are initiatives of Daniel Quinn and are provided to serve the Ishmael Community.
More information about this website is available here.
Information Collection and UseIshmael is the sole owner of the information collected on this site. We will not sell, share, or rent this information to others in ways different from what is disclosed in this statement. Ishmael may collect information from our users at several different points on our website, as needed to service our users, as outlined below.
General site visitors:
A cookie is a piece of data stored on the user's hard drive containing information about the user. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information while on our site.
Log FilesWe use IP addresses to analyze trends, administer the site, help provide an insight into how visitors transition from one page to another so we can optimize that experience, and gather broad demographic information like the type of browser, for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
Sharing Of InformationIshmael does NOT share any personal information with any outside company except as outlined here:
Ishmael will comply with State and Federal law and therefore comply with lawful request (ie, court orders, subpoenas, etc.). When allowed, Ishmael will notify user of such request.
LinksThis web site contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our visitors to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every web site that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this Web site.
NewsletterIf a visitor wishes to subscribe to our newsletter, we ask for contact information such as name and email address.
SecurityThis website takes every precaution to protect our visitors' information. Ishmael has taken additional steps to ensure SSL encryption is used at all times when browsing our site. Additionally, the servers that we store personally identifiable information on are kept in a secure environment.
Ishmael's website and services are not intended for, nor designed to attract, individuals under the age of 18. Ishmael does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from any person under the age of 18.
Correcting/Updating/Deleting Personal Information:If a user's personally identifiable information changes (such as your phone number or email address), or if a user no longer desires our service, we will endeavor to provide a way to correct, update or remove that user's personal data provided to us. This can usually be done from the users account page or by contacting us.
Ishmael (“Company”) shall act in accordance with industry practice in protecting User Information submitted by User to Company ("User Information"), and shall not sell or otherwise transfer User Information to third parties for marketing activities in any circumstance. The Company shall be entitled to use the Personal Information of the User in the due performance of the Services, this Agreement and (unless opted out in writing) for communication to the User of the Company's own marketing information.
As to Personal Information, also referred hereinto as Personal Data, supplied by or through User in the course of its business with the Company, the following shall apply:
(1) Both parties will comply with their respective obligations under the applicable requirements of the Data Protection Laws.
(2) The parties acknowledge that for the purposes of the Data Protection Laws, User is the data controller and Company is the data processor (where Data Controller and Data Processor have the meanings as defined in the Data Protection Laws). The following sets out the scope, nature and purpose of processing by Company, the duration of the processing and the types of Personal Data (as defined in the Data Protection Laws) and categories of Data Subject:
(b) Company does not control what personal or non personal data Users collect from their users. It is User's responsibility to have their own Data Protection guidelines in place for their own protection related to data User collects from its users; additionally, it is User's responsibility to keep their applications up to date and secure from a code/software perspective.
(3) User declares and acknowledges that Company has no control, involvement, role or responsibility as to the type or use of data put by User itself or third parties generally nor, without limitation, User's employees, contractors, agents, users or suppliers or end-users of User's services or those of User's users and Company merely provides an IT repository for data with a specified conduit for its movement to and from User or third party infrastructure. Company's processing does not include the manipulation, selection, ordering, searching or monitoring of such Personal Data other than in a generic sense of storage in the scope of the Services. User is responsible for the cleansing, updating, timely deletion and maintenance of Personal Data.
(4) User will ensure that it has all necessary and appropriate consents and notices in place to enable lawful transmission of Personal Data to Company and its processing in accordance with this Agreement for the duration and purposes of this Agreement.
(5) Without prejudice to the generality of the above clause, Company shall, in relation to any Personal Data processed in connection with the performance by Company of its obligations under this Agreement:
(b) assist User, at User's expense using Company's then current standard time rates, in responding to any request from a Data Subject and in ensuring compliance with its obligations under the Data Protection Laws with respect to security, breach notifications, impact assessments and consultations with supervisory authorities or regulators;
(c) notify User without undue delay on becoming aware of a material Personal Data breach committed by Company, its employees or agents and take reasonable steps to prevent further disclosure or breach and mitigate the potential adverse effects on affected data subjects in cooperation with User;
(d) at the written direction of User, delete or return to User or allow User to retrieve Personal Data and copies thereof on termination of Agreement unless required by Applicable Law to store Personal Data;
Dispute Resolution:The first step in resolving any concern is to contact The Company (see Inquiries or Complaints below) with any details. Unresolved issues will be resolved via binding Arbitration as a sole remedy.
Limits on Liability:Ishmael's liability is limited to the value of the monthly invoice or the equivalent thereof to a monthly invoice amount if the payment cycle is not monthly.